- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, or breasts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or whole (whatever your preference is)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Almond flour
- Lots of parmesan cheese
- 3 cups of spinach
- 2 strips of uncured turkey bacon
- In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add turkey bacon to the same pan and let it cook until almost crispy. Add the sliced mushrooms, chopped spinach and garlic and cook for a few minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
- To make the sauce add the chicken broth, almond milk, neufchatel cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat and whisk until smooth. Add the almond flour and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the sauce followed by the chicken and coat in the creamy sauce. Add chopped spinach. Heat for a couple of minutes and serve immediately.
How to Enjoy This Dish
You can pair this chicken with your favorite vegetable recipe, side of mashed potatoes or pasta. Enjoy!