As I have discussed with you in my Youtube video about how to prepare for your weight loss journey, I covered how important it is to begin your weight loss journey with the right reasons WHY. If your reasons to lose weight were wrong to begin with, you’ll find that you will quickly fall off guard with your goals. The common reasons that I hear for people wanting to lose weight is
- I want to make my ex-boyfriend jealous
- I need to look better than his new girlfriend
- I want to look hotter than every other girl in this room
- I want to look slamming in that bikini this summer
- I want to fit nicely into that tight dress for clubbing this weekend
Before they know it, they begin taking drastic measures to “fulfill” these wants. They begin to severely starve themselves or become a victim of those fad low caloric diets. They begin to eat and throw up everything that they have swallowed. They begin to take unnecessary, dangerous supplements and fat burners that will burden their health. Worse part is, none of these approaches will work. Yes, you will lose the weight but believe me when I say that you will gain it all back and more. What’s even worse than that is that your ex boyfriend doesn’t even care how you look, it’s not going to change what already happened. Now you might you hotter than the girl next to you, but guess what girl? There’s still someone that’s even hotter than you. What’s the point of looking slamming in that bikini for one weekend in Miami when you felt like crap to look that way and then you come to shock the world when you gain all the weight back? See how those short term wants of immediate gratification kind of create a negative mentality for you? We don’t want that babe! We want to stay as positive and beautiful as possible <3
My point here is, it’s important to start by knowing the true reasons why you want to get healthy and stay healthy. It’s important to resonate with the long term outcome versus the short.
Try to opt for real, long term reasons like
- I want to be able to play tag with my kids when I am older
- I want to have beautiful flawless skin for a really, really, long time
- I refuse to pay thousands of dollars in medical bills
- I want to feel amazing everyday living with my one and only body
- I want to treat my body like a temple and give it what it deserves .. health.
This was my day one post for How to Prepare for Your Weightloss April Fitique Challenge. I hope it helped you recognize that what’s more important is to work towards your health for the long run.
With oober love,