A pleasant stuffed chicken dish with melted feta cheese, a slight crunch from the broccoli and a kick of savory flavors!
Stuffed Basil Chicken Recipe
(3) oz chicken breasts
2 C steamed broccoli
4 tbsp feta cheese
1 tbsp basil
Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic seasoning ( salt free)
Mrs Dash Italian Herb seasoning
1/2 lemon or 3 tbsp bottled lemon juice
1. Marinade the chicken with lemon juice and italian herb seasoning. Cover in a bowl with plastic and refrigerate for about an hour.
2. Combine steamed broccoli, feta cheese, Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic seasoning, basil in a bowl. Use a fork to break up the feta cheese to even the mixture.
3. Remove chicken from refrigerator. Slice each breast in a half.
4.Separate the mixture into three even parts. Use a spoon to add the mixture into the chicken.
5. Heat a large pan to med-low, spray the pan with olive oil, and add the stuffed chicken.
5. Fold one side of the chicken to the other and cover the pan with a lid. Allow it to cook for about 5 minutes then flip the chicken to the other side for another 5 minutes.
6. Remove from the pan and serve.