The word dark chocolate and bananas couldn’t have sounded better in another sentence.The long title is well deserved. Do you know what the secret to these babies are? They’re harmless. How does sugar-free, low fat, low calorie and NO FLOUR sound to you? The majority of the fat in this recipe comes from the peanut butter and egg yolks so we’re on for a good run at that! You’ll be a little shocked at how easy these are to make. All you need is a hard core blender or food processor. Let’s dive in the batter shall we?
Dark Chocolate Dreams Banana Oat Muffins Recipe
2 1/2 cup quick oats
2 ripe bananas
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp stevia
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Dark Chocolate Dreams from Peanut Butter Co. for icing
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place oats, stevia, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in the processor and blend until it turns into a flour form.
3. Add bananas, cottage cheese, eggs, and vanilla extract. Blend.
4. Use a muffin tin and fill it about 2/3 of the way. The batter is made for 12 muffins.
5. Let it bake for about 20-25 minutes or until it’s golden. You can test it out by using the old toothpick trick. Stick the toothpick into the muffin, if it comes out clean then it’s ready!
6. Let the muffins cool down and the fun part is spreading on that delicious Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut butter
7. Add walnuts if you’d like for an extra crunch
How ya like them apples? 😉