… a low carb, high protein recipe
Other than the fact that egg muffins are extremely delicious and suitable for when you get sick of scrambling them, I love them because they are convenient! You can make them ahead of time and eat them while running on the way out the door for work, class, or even the gym. They also serve as a delectable pre-workout meal because they are low in calories, low in carbs and high in protein which will aid your workout efficiently.
And now we shall devour
Flavorful Bacon Egg Muffins
2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites
2 tbsp non fat milk
1 tsp baking soda
5 strips of diced lean turkey bacon
3 cloves of minced garlic
1/3 c of diced onion
1 packed cup of spinach
1/3 c diced tomato
Louisiana Chicken Wing Sauce
ground garlic & parsley
1. Heat medium pan on med-hi and add 1 tsp olive oil.
2. Begin to sweat your garlic and onions
3. Pre heat oven to 350
4. Add turkey bacon and sautee until cooked
5. Add tomatoes and spinach
6. Add seasonings ( 3 dashes of paprika, 2 dashes of ground garlic & parsley,
3 dashes of chilli powder, 2 dashes of cajun powder) . Sautee evenly
7. In a large bowl, crack in 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites. Add 2 tbsp of non fat milk and 1 tsp
baking soda. Whisk evenly then add the bacon mixture.
8. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray and spoon them in each one. Should make about 12
9. Let it cook for about 15 minutes. The muffin should rise. Remove from oven and add parmesan
and cheddar cheese on each one
There are many ways you can make your egg muffins. The most important thing about keeping up with a fit lifestyle is LOVING what you eat. If you don’t love what you eat, you’re going to get bored, eat naughty things and derail from all the hard work you put in. So always include VARIETY into everything you eat!
Here are some other great delicious egg muffin recipes from my favorite bloggers that I recommend you trying!