Mexi-Quinoa Stuffed Bell Pepper
1 green bell pepper (scored center)
1/4 c cooked quinoa
1 tsp olive oil
3 oz ground chicken
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 c diced onion
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
1/2 tsp redpepper powder
1/2 tsp or 1 squirt of Sriracha
2 tbsp salsa
1 squirt lime
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F
2. I already had my quinoa pre-cooked in the fridge. ( 1/2 c quinoa, rinsed with cold water.
Add to a pan and bring to a boil with 1 c water at medium heat. Takes about 8 minutes..
makes 1 c of cooked quinoa. Save the rest in your fridge) Remove from pan and fluff with a fork.
2. Heat pan to med- hi and add olive oil. Add garlic and onion to sautee until softened.
3. Add ground chicken, red pepper powder, cumin, Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning, and salsa.
4. Sautee until all ingredients are mixed together. Squirt a hint of lime
5. Use a spoon to stuff the green bell pepper. Place in oven for about 25 minutes or until it appears
soft or a little browned
6. Add cheddar cheese and 1 tbsp of salsa (not pictured) on top
Bon Appetite my friends!