When trying to aim for low carb, no grain pancakes… how many pancake recipes have you come across that ends up soggy … breaking apart … and just a pancake cakey mess? There’s a bunch out there. Trust me I tried. So when I played around in my kitchen, I made sure to use ingredients and measures that will give me fluffy, moist-textured, scrumptious bites. Regardless if we are using any grains or not, that what pancakes should be. And soo… that’s exactly what I did for you =P
Coco-Banana Protein Pancakes
makes it all the more qualified for a perfect morning treat!
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp Isopure Vanilla Protein Powder ( or whatever you prefer)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp stevia
2 egg whites
3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp canned coconut milk
coconut flakes (for garnish)
sprinkle of chia seeds
1. Preheat non stick skillet on med-hi
1. In a small bowl, sift coconut flour. Add protein powder, salt, baking powder, and stevia.
Mix evenly with fork.
2. In separate bowl, whisk egg whites, milk and water.
3. Combine ingredients and whisk with fork until ALL lumps are gone
4. Spray skillet with non stick spray. Use a tbsp measurer to add batter onto pan. I used 2 tbsp for each pancake.
5. Wait about a 45 -60 sec then flip the pancake until the other side is cooked.
6. Pile your pancakes and slice bananas to add in between. Add coconut milk (as the syrup portion) YUM! Add a sprinkle of chia seeds and some coconut flakes for a little garnish action.
Makes about 5 small FLUFFY pancakes
Best part … EAT. You’re gonna want to eat it slowly and really savor the taste. If you’re anything like me, you’ll be sitting there moaning after every bite. It was just that good.