I honestly can’t even tell you the last time I had myself some pizza. You can say I was thinking about it a bit this morning. So I thought, why not make myself a pizza that’s low in carbs and can fit in with my diet, and that I can also eat as a big breakfast? So there we have it… my ooey gooey tasty sausage egg pizza. Once again another simple dish for that looks naughty and will probably make you feel guilty for eating, but heads up. It’s good for you 😉
Cheesy Chicken Sausage Egg Pizza
No.. We’re down to the last slice. I’m definitely chewing this one slow
Best part about this is you can eat it breakfast, lunch or dinner!
This recipe is great for those of you who are currently eating with macros like myself, high protein and high healthy fats and LOW carb. Even if you were eating carbs or if you were to lose weight this recipe will still fit to your diet because its under 400 calories for the whole pizza. If you wanted to could also use a low fat mozzerella cheese instead. But I know you had enough of drooling at the screen.
Here’s the long awaited recipe so you can make some just for you!
1/2 of Al Fresco All Natural Chicken Sausage. Click here to check the nutrition facts on my favorite healthy sausages
2 egg whites, 1 omega 3 whole egg
1/2 c onion
1/2 green bell pepper
1 organic string cheese
3 dashes of cajun seasoning
2 dashes of ground garlic
1/4 tsp italian herb seasoning
1/4 tsp oregano
red pepper flakes
1. Heat medium sized pan on med- hi heat. And spray with non stick spray.
2. Add chopped onions and diced green bell peppers. Sautee for about a minute
3. Chop Al Fresco Chicken Sausages into bits and add to the pan. Sautee.
(Turn heat down to medium at this point and spray more non stick if needed)
4. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs. Add cajun, italian herb, oregano seasonings and continue whisking until mixture is even
5. Spray more non stick and pour eggs onto pan
6. Let it cook for about 3 minutes. Dice the string cheese and add that to the egg turned pizza
7. Cover with a lid to let it cook through for 1-2 minutes.
8. Sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top or cajun
8. Take a pizza cutter and cut into 6 slices.
The cheese should melted and gooey. You taste the blend of the tangy sausages along with the herbs. The onions and green pepper should be perfectly softened yet still a light crisp . Trust me, you’ll want to savor every. single. bite.