Now I don’t know about you but I love thai food. It’s easily one of my top favorites. However the heavy content of sauces and sodium make it a once in a while kind of treat. This motivated me to make a healthier version that I can enjoy more often and it companies my fitness goals.
Zucchini Chicken Pad Thai
Low carb and delicious! Give it a go!
Zucchini Chicken Pad Thai Recipe:
1 onion- diced
1 large brocolli crown ( boiled until cooked)
1 lb chicken breast
2 1/2 tbsp tamarind sauce ( found in asian stores)
3 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
4 cloves of garlic – minced
1 large brocolli crown
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp chopped peanuts
1. Spray olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Season the chicken with pepper, cover the pan until it’s cooked. Remove the lid allowing the chicken to brown a bit. Remove to a bowl.
2. Using a vegetable grater, grate the zucchini and carrots into long noodlike-like pieces.
3, Add sesame oil to the non stick pan. Sautee in the minced garlic and diced onions until semi-softened. Add sliced mushrooms and broccolli. Add zucchini and carrots and sautee until a little softened (3 minutes).
4. Meanwhile whisk together tamarind, soy sauce, water, fish sauce, lime. Set aside in a separate bowl.
4. Now add the chicken to the pan along with the zucchini and carrot “noodles”. Remove from pan and drain any excess water you may have from vegetables.
5. Place “noodles” in a bowl and add the tamarind mixture and toss with tongs until the noodles are coated evenly.
6. Take PB2 powder, add 2 tbsp water and mix until you have a thick sauce out of it. Add to the top of your pad thai along with a few sprinkles of peanuts and you are all set!
WHAT’S A DISH YOU ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT YOU MADE A HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVE TO? I want to see these recipes!
I would love to hear from you! Share your thoughts below.