Let me first state that I am a horrible baker. I can’t stand the tedious fact of measuring the exact amount ingredients and mixing them a certain way to get the final outcome to be perfect. With that said, I have been trying to make the perfect banana muffins to chow down. I love muffins but they’re typically full of saturated unhealthy fats, butters, sugars and the list could go on. So I have been trying to make up the perfect recipe that requires no sugar, no flour, and no fat but still have it taste good. After FOUR frustrating tries, I FINALLY got it just the way I like it. What can I say? Trial and error can help you learn anything.
So a little tasty muffin that is super healthy, can be eaten before your workout to fuel you up and give you energy or enjoyed in the morning with your cup of coffee or tea… Sounds almost too good to be true right?
2 C Oat flour ( 2 cups of old fashioned oats blended on hi speed until it turns to flour)
2 tsp baking powder
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 tbs organic honey
1 egg, 1 egg white
1/4 c almond milk
1. For dry ingredients, add oat flour, baking powder, vanilla powder, salt and cinnamon together. Take a fork to de-clump the mixture. Then sift the mixture with a sifter.
2. In a blender, blend on hi speed the bananas, honey, eggs and almond milk.
3. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and stir until the batter is evenly mixed. It should be a little runny
4. Preheat oven to 350 and bake for about 25- 30 or until golden. **You can stick a toothpick in after 20 minutes to see if it comes if clean, if it does its ready
5. Remove from oven and let it sit to cool before taking a tasty bite!
It should be very moist and mighty scrumptious while giving you a boost of energy. Can’t lose with this one!